In order to add Persian language we need to do some modifications on the Asterisk source code. For that, download the same Asterisk version as your current one (in case you’re using FreePBX/Trixbox). The main thing to change is the Asterisk say digits. Here is what must be changed:
Having searched for quite a long while, here is how I figured out the way to connect to a Microsoft SQL server from Linux using PHP mssql extension module. (Thanks to Danne Lundqvist)
Partitioning with fdisk
fdisk is started by typing (as root) fdisk device at the command prompt. device might be something like /dev/hda or /dev/sda. The basic fdisk commands you need are:
- Traditional way: /etc/init.d/myservice start/stop/restart
- Upstart: service myservice start/stop/restart
Here is the Asterisk AGI to play Farsi numbers. The script is meant to play numbers as big as 1000, so for bigger numbers you need to do some simple modifications.
regexxer is a nifty GUI search/replace tool featuring Perl-style regular expressions. If you need project-wide substitution and you’re tired of hacking sed command lines together, then you should definitely give it a try.
Recently we had a pack of cisco 7942G phones that we were required to get them up running with Asterisk. The good thing about 79XX series is that they all support SIP besides SCCP. Whereas, the bad thing is that they are by default running on SCCP and you have to upgrade them to SIP first. I spent a great deal of time trying to figure this out, as I were going to use SIP Version 8 and there is no to-the-point documentation (at least not that I could find!)
Over time Asterisk log can become so heavy and space consuming, not to mention the time you have to spend reading through tons of lines of log files. The way to organise the log files is to rotate them using logrotate facility.
Here is an example on how to get the process ID of an application in bash script